Thursday 8 August 2013

Do You Believe in Coincidences?

Coincidences are not accidents but signals from the universe which can guide us toward our true destiny- Deepak Chopra


An amazing thing happened to me today that gave me goose bumps. I decided to make hamburger soup which I hadn't made for several months. I thought it would be a good thing to make so that I would have left overs to bring over to my dad who just got out of the hospital.  I opened the cupboard and pulled out the recipe book. As I pulled out the book a recipe card appeared out of nowhere and landed on the floor. I picked up the card and it was a hamburger soup recipe that my mother-in-law, Jessie had made. The strange thing is that I had never seen this card before nor do I know where it came from. It was a very strange thing that this hamburger soup recipe came out of nowhere when I was pulling out my cookbook to get a hamburger soup recipe! Is that a coincidence or a message?

I have noticed a lot of situations lately that I am coming to believe aren't coincidences. As I've been writing this blog about Alzheimer's disease, I have spent a lot of time thinking about Jessie. There are times when I wonder whether this blog is helpful or of interest to anyone. At these times of doubt, there are signals that I get that I have to believe are coming from Jessie encouraging me to continue. There are times when I walk into my house and it smells like Jessie for a very brief time. This has only happened since she passed away. There have been numerous things that my husband and I look at each other and say "that's a message from Jessie."

Do you believe in coincidences or are they messages from the universe? I loved the article Coincidences: Clues from the Universe by Deepak Chopra. As Chopra explains, "When a coincidence arises, don't ignore it. Ask yourself, What is the message here? What is the significance of this?" He goes on to explain ways that you can nurture coincidences and the impact they can have on your life. What coincidences have you experienced that gave you goosebumps?

No comments:

Post a Comment