Friday 5 July 2013

Establishing a Global Connection Through Meditation

by Bev Janisch

A light bulb went on for me when I learned of a way that people experiencing Alzheimer's and dementia could connect on a global level. Image if we were successful at transforming our experiences with Alzheimer's disease into one that primarily consists of peace, acceptance and love.

For those of you who have incorporated meditation into your life or are wanting to give it a try, there is an opportunity to connect with others around the world during your meditation practice.  I have created an "Alzheimer's Spirit" group in the free meditation app, "Insight Timer." This timer, enables you to meditate with other people around the world and leave comments about your experiences. I have started doing this and there is something very powerful about the feeling of connection when people all over the world are meditating together.

I was particularly touched by one comment made by a woman who was asking that people pray for her brother and sister in law as she was being moved into hospice. The thought that people all over the world were praying for them,  made me reflect on the amount of positive energy that could be sent all over the world.

I loved the idea of doing this for those of us touched by Alzheimer's disease.  So if this connection feels right for you, sign up so that we can meditate together.  It's easy to do and it's free!! If you'd like to try meditation, but you're not sure where to begin, I will be sharing posts in the coming weeks to give some tips and link you in with resources.

Share your thoughts about meditation and let me know if you'd like to give it a try.



No comments:

Post a Comment